The CG Supervisor collaborates with VFX Supervisor to determine and manage the technical approach needed to achieve the creative and quality goals of the project within the project budget, schedule, and resources.
- Work closely with Comp Supervisor, 2D Supervisor, Producers, artists and other necessary departments in creating high quality visual effects
- Provide clear direction to all CG departments, setting clear objectives and monitoring the process, progress and results
- Clearly brief developers on R&D and pipeline requirements, in solving day-to-day issues, and pro-actively eliminate potential problems in pipeline tools before they impact the production
- Determine, modify and maintain the most effective and efficient technical approach and workflow possible
- Assist, Coach, Mentor and Supervise the artist in achieving all technical aspects of production including assets dev, rigging, animation, lighting, and FX
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suits the production and BOTVFX in the development of a stronger creative technical environment on the CG side.
- Design and implement the technical, artistic pipeline and workflow, and made sure the tools for the project are up to the task
- Train the team members and review their work, ensuring high standard results
- Work with Creative Resources to define recruiting goals to achieve the appropriate balance of qualified artists.
- Build next in line leaders and artists for the respective CG departments
- 3 years of work experience as a supervisor in a film/TV with the ability to ensure artists work is of a high standard both artistically and technically.
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills.
- A thorough understanding of the visual effects process and the ability to interpret the artistic brief from the VFX supervisor.
- Good technical understanding of CG pipelines and the ability to specify efficient workflows and identify additional tools required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Optimised rendering solutions, experience with RenderMan and/or Arnold is an asset.
- Knowledge of Python scripting considered a strong asset.
- Excellent Maya skills including a good understanding of modelling, texturing, look development, lighting and colour, particles, fluids and dynamics and excellent attention to details..
- Thorough understanding of the various technical and creative aspects of production for CG pipeline.
- Complete understanding of all areas of 3D (modeling, rigging, texturing, look development, environments, creature FX, lighting and FX), as well as understanding of the 2D pipeline is essential.
- Proven team leadership, strong motivational skills and willingness to share knowledge.
- Previous experience with team management and task assignment is required.
- Technically and creatively astute. Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and positive morale generating style.
- Ability to be a hands-on person and work under tight deadlines.
- Previous experience training, mentoring and recruiting CG artists.
- A strong Demo Reel showing artistic sensibility, and creative problem solving