Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create global and show-based scripts and tools inside DCC packages such as Maya, Nuke and Houdini.
- working directly with artists to investigate and address urgent issues related to custom pipeline tools.
- Collaborate with pipeline team, software developers, CG Supervisors, vfx supervisors and artists to troubleshoot/ improve and refine overall workflow and determine the best solutions to problems.
- Aids in the development and maintenance of applications and creative pipeline tools and techniques to improve productivity and workflow enhancements
- Provides weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notifies stakeholders of any upcoming production risks
- Meet delivery deadlines, prioritize tasks and work proactively conforming to production needs.
- 4+ years of experience in VFX or CG is required
- Solid understanding of the pipeline process of CG (modeling, animation, rigging, texturing, lighting, fx) and compositing (Nuke).
- Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini, and Nuke
- Complete knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends
- Ability to collaborate and offer solutions with great problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal. The ability to articulate both with technical and non-technical teams.
- The ability to translate an artist’s perspective while designing tools with a focus on usability
- Adequate working knowledge of Python and Mel.
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in working with one or more renderers (e.g. Renderman, Mantra, Arnold, etc.), and experience with renderer-specific file formats.
- Ability to write documentation for tools is a bonus
- Craft and update documentation for tools, techniques, and workflows generated by the Pipeline department.
- Previous leadership experience as a Pipeline TD.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience with source control systems and team development
- Experience with C++, SQL, Shotgun, Deadline is an asset
- UI development using PySide / PyQt4