Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a Python Developer you will spend your day supporting the studio’s Pipeline department.
- You will work in conjunction with the Department TDs and creative team to ensure software solutions are created and maintained for our high-end TV and feature film projects.
- Develop, maintain and support custom Python Libraries, under the direction of the Pipeline Supervisor and Departments Heads.
- Work in conjunction with TDs (Technical Directors) and Technical Artists to come up with Software solutions for day to day tasks.
- Maintain, Refactor and Improve Existing code to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Develop new tools to support individual shot production and general workflow.
- 3+ Years of experience in Python software development.
- Strong knowledge of Python, PySide/PyQt.
- Extensive knowledge of how web semantics translate into a REST API.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming and experience applying modern design patterns.
- Experience with Git and Databases (MySQL), Confluence and JIRA.
- TDD Unit testing experience.
- Familiar with CI/CD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
- Competency with Win/Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills.
- A problem solver at heart with the ability to quickly learn and use various APIs..
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Experience with some or all of the following.
- VFX tools: Nuke/Maya/Shotgun API development
- Render management software : Deadline
- Understanding of color workflow in VFX.
- Experience in a VFX facility (artist-floor experience a bonus).
- Knowledge of key VFX technologies like OTIO, OCIO etc.
- Expertise working with data structures and algorithms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical advice and support for artists.
- Create global and show-based scripts and tools inside DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini, or Nuke.
- working directly with artists to investigate and address urgent issues related to custom pipeline tools.
- helping to engineer solutions (tools and workflow) for pipeline enhancements and fixes.
- Collaborate with pipeline team, software developers, CG Supervisors, and artists to improve and refine overall workflow and determine the best solutions to problems.
- Troubleshoot to implement solutions with Department Supervisors
- Aids in the development and maintenance of applications and creative pipeline tools and techniques to improve productivity
- Provides weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notifies stakeholders of any upcoming production risks
- Ensure requests for new tools are connected with company strategy
- Meet delivery deadlines and work proactively conforming to production needs.
- 2+ years of experience in VFX or CG or equivalent experience is required.
- Solid understanding of the pipeline process of CG (modeling, animation, rigging, texturing, lighting, fx) and compositing (Nuke).
- Expert knowledge of colorspaces, LUTS, media formats, gamma, .ccc, etc.
- Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini, or Nuke.
- Complete knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends
- Ability to collaborate and offer solutions with great problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal. The ability to articulate both with technical and non-technical teams.
- The ability to translate an artist’s perspective while designing tools with a focus on usability
- Very strong Python knowledge and various Python libraries. Working knowledge of MEL.
- The ability to prioritize production needs while multitasking on various development tasks varying concurrent short-term and long-term priorities.
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in working with one or more renderers (e.g. Renderman, Mantra, Arnold, etc.), and experience with renderer-specific file formats.
- Proactive and reactive problem solver to ensure VFX production goes smoothly.
- Calm under pressure to stay solution-focused.
- Craft and update documentation for tools, techniques, and workflows generated by the Pipeline department.
- Previous leadership experience as a Pipeline TD.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience with source control systems and team development.
- Experience with C++, SQL, Shotgun, Deadline is an asset.
- UI development using PySide / PyQt4 .